Wednesday, October 31st, 2018
The recent change in the weather can cause your scalp to become dry, itchy, red and full of dandruff. Dandruff is dead skin cells that have the appearance of white flakes in the scalp and hair. It has even been found in the ears, eyebrows and men’s mustaches.
What Causes Dandruff?
- Dry skin – One of the leading causes of dandruff. The cold weather and dry heat can cause your skin and scalp to become excessively dry. The dry skin becomes flaky, and build-up occurs on your skin and in your hair and scalp.
- Skin conditions – Skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis can trigger dandruff.
- Shampooing too much or not enough – Shampooing too often can cause the scalp to become irritated and produce more oil in the scalp causing it to feel overly greasy. Not shampooing enough can cause oil buildup of oil and dead skin cells which causes dandruff.
- Dermatitis – People who have dermatitis get dandruff in the scalp, eyebrows, side of the nose and back of the ears. The skin will appear red, greasy and flaky.
- Weather – Dandruff worsens during the dry, cold weather months. The humidity in the air during the winter months contributes to the buildup of skin that turns into dandruff.
- Medical conditions – Individuals who suffer from medical conditions such as weak immune systems, diabetes or who have neurological illnesses like Parkinson’s disease are more prone to having issues with dandruff.
- Diet – Your body requires a certain amount of nutrients to function and survive. Foods that contain zinc, vitamins B and D and some types of fats are a few of the nutrients that help the body to thrive. Having a vitamin deficiency can cause skin conditions that may lead to dandruff.
Effects of Dandruff
Dandruff can stop the scalp from breathing properly, and it weakens the roots. In addition, it can cause hair falling and breakage, graying, acne, pimples, headaches, weakness of eyesight and hair loss. It’s also embarrassing to have people notice the flakes in your hair and on your clothes.
Consult with one of Ruby Salon‘s experienced hair care professions. We can help you find a solution and provide you with the right products to get rid of your dandruff and increase the health of your hair and scalp.
Posted in: annapolis hair salon, dandruff, ruby salon annapolis
Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018
How much thought do you put into choosing a brush for your hair? If you are very particular about your hair you put quite a bit of thought into it. If it’s not that big of a deal to you, you get whatever is on sale at the local beauty supply store or Walmart. The average person won’t spend more than a few dollars on a brush for their hair.
Did you know that by choosing the right hair brush and using it correctly can make all the difference in how your hair looks? There is an endless number of hair brushes on the market but which brush is suited for you?
Your hair could be damaged or you could be losing hair because of the brush you’re using. This might be the reason you need to put a little more thought into how you treat your hair. Just think about it – you brush your hair every day. You want it to look healthy and luxurious, but it’s breaking off because you brought the brush that was at the dollar store. No offense dollar store shoppers. We all like a good bargain!
Just in case you decide to put a little bit more thought into finding the right brush for your hair, here is a guide to help you along the way.
Best Hair Brushes
- Detangling Hairbrush – can be used on all types of hair and is best for detangling wet and dry, fine hair. This brush is delicate to the hair and prevents breakage. It’s made to release tangles and knots. The bristles are firm and help add volume to the hair.
- Teasing Hairbrush – also can be used on all types of hair and is best for adding volume. Your stylist uses this type of brush to lift the roots to create fullness. The brush is great for adding texture to ponytails or to create a firm base when using clip-on hair extensions.
- Round Hairbrush – is used on medium to thick hair. This brush is used for a blowout. It kind of works as a curling wand while taming the frizz. Gives the hair lots of body and bounce.
- Boar Bristle Brush – used on fine, curly hair. Some call it the hairbrush of the stars. It’s used to produce high-shine waves. It doesn’t snag or pull at the roots. The best use of this brush is after getting a style that required heat.
- Looper Brush – used for hair extensions. It’s called the looper brush because the bristles are loops that won’t get tangled in your hair like the bristles on other brushes.
There are a wide variety of brushes available that are better suited for your hair. Make an appointment to consult with a stylist at Ruby Salon to discuss which brush is best for your type of hair.
Posted in: annapolis hair salon, hair brush, ruby salon annapolis, Uncategorized
Friday, August 31st, 2018
Are you looking for a way to transforms your hair?
Well, have you considered hair extensions? Hair extensions can be a great way to transform your hair and give it that much-needed boost! In this post, we will highlight a few reasons you may want to consider hair extensions.
5 Reasons You May Want to Try Hair Extensions
- Adding Length– If you have difficulties growing your hair past a certain length, hair extensions can be added to your hair to give it fullness and length. Growing your hair out can be a frustrating, strenuous process, but hair extensions can cut the process time in half. You can achieve longer hair in just one visit to Ruby Salon.
- Change Your Hair Color– Hair extensions are a great way to play with different hair colors. If you afraid of hair damage or you are not sure if you want to dye your hair, hair extensions are a great way to try different hair colors.
- Adding Volume– If you have thin hair or you are experiencing hair loss, hair extensions can be a great way to add volume to your hair. Hair extensions can be designed to blend seamlessly with your natural hair and give you the look you’ve always desired.
- Trying A New Style– Hair extensions can make your favorite style pop. Whether you add hair extensions for volume, length, or color, you can completely transform some of your favorite hairstyles.
- For Special Occasions– Hair extensions are a fantastic way to achieve beautiful hair for special occasions. Whether it’s your wedding day or prom, hair extensions can improve your overall look.
Hair Extension in Annapolis, MD
Hair extensions are not just for celebrities! Ruby Salon uses premium, 100% human hair that can be blown dry, curled and flat iron styled. Whether you want to add length or volume, we can color match your extensions to achieve any look.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, call 410.263.7829 or request an appointment online.
Posted in: Hair Extensions
Friday, July 27th, 2018
Choosing the right hair color techniques can completely transform drab, dull hair. At Ruby Salon, we offer a full range of color services to help you achieve beautiful hair. To schedule an appointment, call 410.263.7829 or request an appointment online.
What Is Ombre?
Ombre is a color technique that creates a two-toned color that usually results in darker hair at the top and a subtle lighter color at the end of the hair. In theory, clients can achieve an ombre effect with just about any hair color. If it is your desire, you can create ombre hair in tones of blonde, red, brown, purple, pink, and even blue. Ombre hair can be personalized to fit short, medium, or long length hair. Your colorist will work with your to determine the best option for your hair length and type. Ombre hair does not require as much touch up as other coloring services so clients can enjoy their ombre look for some time to come.
Are you interested in ombre? Ruby Salon can help you make a bold statement with a custom designed ombre color. We have a team of master colorists in our Annapolis, MD hair salon who are dedicated to helping you achieve your dream hair.
What Is Balayage?
Balayage is typically performed freehand to provide a natural looking color application. Balayage is usually applied away from the root of the hair to create a gradual increase of color as you make your way to the tips of the hair. Balayage is usually applied to the surface of the hair, leaving the underside of the hair a darker, subtle tone. Balayage is usually performed on medium to long lengthed hair. Similar to ombre, balayage does not require frequent trips to the salon. Bayalage is a great option for clients who want a beautiful, low maintenance color.
Are you considering balayage? Visit Ruby Salon for your hair color needs. Our team can work with you to help you choose a color scheme that compliments your style. To learn more, visit our Annapolis hair salon.
Posted in: Hair Color
Wednesday, June 27th, 2018
Who doesn’t love a new look?
We get it all the time -“I want a new look, but I don’t know where to start.”
At Ruby Salon, we offer a full range of haircut, style, and color services. It’s okay if you don’t know what kind of look you want. Our team at Ruby Salon is comprised of talented stylists who are committed to giving you the best client experience as well as beautiful hair.
If you are unsure which style or color best suits your features, you may want to visit Ruby Salon for a consultation. We understand that beautiful, healthy hair takes effort and finesse. We can work with you to decide what cut, style, and color best highlight your unique features. Visit Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD.
One of our experienced stylists can work with you one on one to explore what type of style, color, or cut can transform your hair.
Services we offer at Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD:
- Shape & Style: We believe a haircut should compliment your aesthetic and become the focal point of your personal style.
- Hair Straightening Treatments: We offer Keratin Express and Brazillian Blowout treatment to give you smooth, silky straight hair.
- Hair Extensions: Ruby Salon uses premium, 100% human hair that can be blown dry, curled and flat iron styled.
- Textures & Waves: We can find the right volume and curl pattern to match your frame. Whether you want bg curl or a tighter wave, Ruby Salon has a solution for you.
- Hair Color & Dimension: We offer single-process color, highlights, multi-dimensional color, shading and corrective color as well as Goldwell® gray coverage.
We welcome you to visit Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD for all your hair needs. If you would like to schedule an appointment or consultation, call 410.263.7829 or schedule an appointent request online.
Posted in: annapolis hair salon
Friday, May 4th, 2018
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, so it’s time to find the perfect gift for the lovely lady in your life. What better gift is there than the gift of beautiful hair. At Ruby Salon, we are currently offering a Mother’s Day Special: Buy a $100 gift card and receive $10 from us, FREE!
Ruby Salon is a full-service hair salon in Annapolis, MD. We are a team of experienced colorists and stylist who work with each of our clients to make sure they look and feel their best. Creating beautiful hair takes great skill, which is why we garner the reputation as one of the best salons in Annapolis, MD. We always promise to provide the best service and quality!
Whether you are looking for a subtle change or a dramatic makeover, our skilled colorist and stylist can work with you to find the right cut, color, and style to transform your look. If you have any questions, schedule a consultation at our Annapolis hair salon.
Full-Service Hair Salon
At Ruby Salon, we offer a full range of services for cuts, style, and color. We use high-quality products to give our clients beautiful, healthy-looking results.
Ruby Salon offers a full range of services including:
Whatever your hair goals are, Ruby Salon can work with you to help you achieve them. To learn more about our services, visit Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD. To schedule an appointment, call 410.263.7829 or schedule an appointment online. We look forward to helping you achieve the hair you’ve always dreamed of!
Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD
3 Monticello Avenue, Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Tuesday 10 – 8
Wednesday 10 – 8
Thursday 10 – 8
Friday 10 – 5
Saturday 9 – 2 YEARLY
Closed Sunday & Monday
Posted in: annapolis hair salon
Wednesday, April 11th, 2018
Warmer weather means it’s time to brighten your winter hair! Are you considering going lighter for the upcoming warmer months? Well, Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD is full of experienced colorists who can work with you to find the ideal summer hair color that frames your face and makes your features pop!
Whether you are considering a sun-kissed look or a natural balay, we can help you achieve your hair goals in just one visit to our Annapolis hair salon. Hair color is a great way to change your overall appearance. If you want a fun, fresh look or something sophisticated or sassy, one of our master stylists can work with you to transform your look. Our stylists can transform your hair using single-process color, multi-dimensional color, shading, highlights, and corrective color as well as Goldwell® gray coverage.
We encourage new and returning clients to schedule an appointment at Ruby Salon for their color needs! We love working with each of our clients to help them achieve their ideal look. As experienced stylists, we take the proper steps to reduce damage and enhance the quality and aesthetic of your hair. We are committed to beautiful, healthy hair at Ruby Salon! If you would like to schedule a consultation for your new summer look, contact Ruby Salon or give us a call at 410.263.7829
Posted in: annapolis hair salon, Hair Color
Monday, March 12th, 2018
Spring is coming up and it may be time to freshen up your look!
If you live in Maryland and you are searching for a beauty solution to enhance your look, check out Ruby Hair Salon in Annapolis, MD. This award-winning salon features all master colorists who specialize in all types of color procedures to grant your hair color wishes!
If you are new to hair coloring, the staff at Ruby will help you find the right color for your skin tone, lifestyle, and personal style. At Ruby Salon, our hair color services include single process color, highlights, multi-dimensional color, shading and corrective color (meaning that if you are unhappy with color done at another salon or at home, the Ruby stylist can help you repair your hair.
Located at 3 Monticello Avenue in Annapolis, Maryland, Ruby Salon is open Tuesday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Start spring with a fresh, new look! Contact Ruby Salon to talk to one of our skilled stylists and schedule your next appointment today!
Read what some of our new and returning clients are saying about their experience at Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD!
Steven has been my stylist for 18 years….can’t imagine going to anyone else. From short bobs to fun colors, to hair extensions, we’ve done it all. Have worn my hair long for the past 10 years….every time he cuts it, it seems longer than when I walked in.Love, love, love him! -Judy B.
Love the balayage Halie did! She really knows her color and has an artist’s touch. I had been getting foil highlights for years at other salons and was tired of my roots showing so quickly, as well as the solid blocks of blonde. My highlights look much more natural and multidimensional now. Couldn’t be happier! -Krista D.
Moving from CA to Annapolis proved challenging to my hair with the humidity. I tried the Brazilian Blow Out with Steve and LOVE it. I don’t even have to blow dry it now and it comes out perfectly street. And when I want little curl, pull out the iron! Thanks, Ruby Salon, I’ll be back! -Judy K.
Posted in: beauty salon annapolis, haircut annapolis, highlights annapolis, ruby salon annapolis
Monday, February 26th, 2018
Are you looking for a treatment that can improve the quality of your hair and give you beautiful, long-lasting results?
Well, look no further! Ruby Salon is an awarding winning salon for Best Brazilian blowout in Annapolis 2017! Ruby Salon offers Brazillian blowout treatments in our Annapolis hair salon. The Brazilian blowout is a professional smoothing treatment that eliminates frizz and smooths the hair cuticles, which results in shiny, smooth hair. Your Brazilian blowout treatment can be customized to fit your hair needs. The Brazilian blowout treatment will leave you with beautiful, silky straight hair. The results are noticeable immediately after treatment!
If you would like to schedule a consultation, call 410.263.7829 or contact Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD.
Benefits of Brazilian Blowout Treatment:
- Customizable: We can create a treatment that fits your needs.
- Won’t damage your curls: At Ruby Salon, our team of stylists takes the time to properly apply all types of treatment to eliminate the risk of damage.
- Interchangeable: Do you have curly hair, but you enjoy the look of straight hair every once in a while? Try our Brazilian blowout treatment. We take our time to properly apply your Brazilian blowout treatment so your curls can revert back after your treatment.
- Long Lasting: With proper care, your Brazilian blowout treatment can last up to 90 days.
- Ideal for all hair types: During your consultation at Ruby Salon, one of our experienced stylists will walk you through the process. The Brazilian blowout treatment can be applied to all hair types for effective results.
Posted in: brazilian blowout
Wednesday, January 31st, 2018
It’s the start of the new year, and you’re ready for a change. We have all been there. If you are looking for a way to spruce up your everyday look, visit Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD. Our team of stylist offer custom color, cut, and styles for every client who walks through our doors. We work with you to give you that new and improved look you have been dreaming of. Our goal is to help our clients feel and look their best after a visit to Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD.
Are you looking to try out a new color? Well, at Ruby Salon our team of master colorist can work with you to create a custom color that blends seamlessly and brings dull hair to life. We offer single-process color, shading, corrective coloring, and multidimensional color. We use a wide range of professional dyes that can help you achieve your ideal look.
If you want to try a bold new cut or style, Ruby Salon has got you covered. Our team of stylist can create a beautiful new style that compliments your personality and lifestyle.
Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD can help you achieve that fresh, new look you want for the start of 2018. Ruby Salon is a full-service salon in downtown Annapolis. We offer a wide range of hair care services that can help you achieve your ideal look. If you would like to set up an appointment, call our Annapolis salon to schedule an appointment or schedule an appointment online.
Posted in: annapolis hair salon