Thursday, February 28th, 2019
Just about everyone would like a nice healthy tan during the summertime for various reasons. The number one reason would be that in the summertime, you typically wear fewer clothes and clothes that are lighter in color or even white clothing. If you have a naturally pale complexion, you may try to get a nice tan before heading on your summer vacation.
We are proud to offer an organic solution call Envy sunless tanning solution that is made right here in the USA. This will give you that natural tan that you are looking for without being exposed to the harmful UV lights from tanning beds or UVB rays from the sun.
We have made a list of dangers that can occur from excessive UV and UVB rays that make our Envy sunless tan solution the best choice for you.
- Ultraviolet (UV) lights from tanning beds are notoriously known for causing many types of skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma. It has been proven that over 90% of patients that have some form of skin cancer are due to excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Burns Your Skin
- UV will also burn your skin. A sunburn is a result of your damaged skin cells caused by absorbing too many UV rays. Your skin will turn red, feel hot and feel like it is burning due to extra blood flowing to the damaged areas in an attempt to repair your skin cells.
- Damages Your Immune System
- Another fact with overexposure to UV radiation is the damaging effects on your immune system. When you subject yourself to a sunburn, your immune system shifts its defense powers to your skin. Possibly leaving yourself exposed to other sicknesses that your body usually wouldn’t have a problem defending.
- Ages Your Skin Faster
- Prolonged exposure to raw sunlight will also cause your skin to age or look older much faster than intended. UV rays will destroy collagen tissues beneath your skin and can cause wrinkles and brown spots on your skin.
Schedule An Appointment
If you are interested in learning more about our Envy sunless tanning solution or how sunlight and tanning beds can damage your body and skin, visit Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD. To schedule an appointment, call 410.417.7784 or request an appointment online.
Posted in: envy tan, Sunburn, UV Rays
Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019
At Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD, we not only want to make you look and feel beautiful, but we also want to educate you about hair care. One of the most popular hair treatments that we offer is the Brazilian Blowout. If you are interested in this treatment, here are a few faqs to educate you on the treatment process.
Will the Brazilian Blowout Work on Any Type of Hair?
Yes. Ruby Salon has performed this treatment on individuals with fine, coarse, frizzy and curly hair. Our professionally certified and trained stylists have also used the treatment on hair that has been permed, Japanese straightened, extensions, damaged or processed.
How Will My Hair Look After the Blowout?
Your hair will be frizz-free, shiny, manageable and have plenty of body and bounce. Depending on your type of hair, you have the option to wear it curly or wavy. You can still use a blow dryer for a smoother, straighter style and what’s more, it takes less time to achieve these looks with the Brazilian Blowout.
Will the Brazilian Blowout Work on Highlighted or Colored Hair?
Yes. It will actually improve the shine and the health of color-treated or highlighted hair by conditioning the hair while sealing the cuticle.
Can I Still Get the Brazilian Blowout If I Have a Relaxer?
Yes. The Brazilian Blowout works best on hair that has already been chemically treated. It helps to improve the condition of the hair by fortifying each strand with essential amino acids.
How Long Does It Last?
If you use the Acai After-Care Maintenance product line, the Brazilian Blowout will last up to 12 weeks. The more you receive the blowouts, the healthier the hair becomes, and the results will last longer.
Will I Have More Volume With the Brazilian Blowout?
Your hair will maintain its natural volume and will have a great memory and will bend better when blow-drying or using a curling iron.
Can I Get My Hair Colored the Same Day That I Get the Treatment?
Ruby Salon recommends that you wait at least two weeks after receiving the Brazilian Blowout to color your hair if it was not colored prior to receiving the treatment.
Posted in: annapolis hair salon, brazilian blowout
Monday, December 3rd, 2018
Ruby Salon is an exclusive Envy Tan® salon, a certified organic sunless tanning solution made in the United States. Because our spray tan solution is 100% organic, you will achieve the most natural color that exudes from your own skin tone. You can pick whether you want just a little glow or a Brazilian bronze and we will mix the perfect formula for your skin tone.
Contact Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD to explore your options! Call 410.417.7784 or request an appointment online.
How much does spray tanning cost?
Ruby Salon has three tanning sessions/pricing offers for you to choose from. They are:
- Single Session Tan: $50.00
- Three (3) Tan Sessions: $120.00
- Five (5) Tan Sessions: $190
What is spray tanning and how does it work?
Spray tanning, also known as airbrush tanning, will help you achieve a bronzed glow without exposure to the sun. Spray tanning uses a DHA-based solution that is applied to the skin using an airbrush tool. Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) is a safe, FDA-approved ingredient that reacts with the natural amino acids in the upper layers of the skin to create a suntan look. The shade of the sunless tanning solution is carefully chosen to match your skin tone and help you achieve the look you want. Please note: spray tanning does not offer sun protection.
How should I prepare for my spray tan session?
In order to ensure that the spray tan solution penetrates the skin and absorbs effectively, you will need to cleanse and exfoliate your skin the day of your session. Do not wear makeup, lotion or perfume to your tanning session. Be sure to wear loose-fitting clothing.
How long does spray tanning last?
Sunless tanning fades just like the typical suntan. Spray tans can last anywhere from 5 to 10 days for most people. Much of this depends on how often you exfoliate and the types of products you use for maintenance. Ruby Salon recommends special moisturizers and other products that can help you extend your bronzed glow. Talk to the tanning specialist about which products are best for your tan.
How long before I can shower?
The spray tan solution needs time to react with your skin for the best results. You should wait for 8 to 12 hours before showering, and you should avoid all contact with water during this period.
Posted in: envy tan, organic spray tans, ruby salon annapolis, spray tan annapolis, sunless tanning
Wednesday, October 31st, 2018
The recent change in the weather can cause your scalp to become dry, itchy, red and full of dandruff. Dandruff is dead skin cells that have the appearance of white flakes in the scalp and hair. It has even been found in the ears, eyebrows and men’s mustaches.
What Causes Dandruff?
- Dry skin – One of the leading causes of dandruff. The cold weather and dry heat can cause your skin and scalp to become excessively dry. The dry skin becomes flaky, and build-up occurs on your skin and in your hair and scalp.
- Skin conditions – Skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis can trigger dandruff.
- Shampooing too much or not enough – Shampooing too often can cause the scalp to become irritated and produce more oil in the scalp causing it to feel overly greasy. Not shampooing enough can cause oil buildup of oil and dead skin cells which causes dandruff.
- Dermatitis – People who have dermatitis get dandruff in the scalp, eyebrows, side of the nose and back of the ears. The skin will appear red, greasy and flaky.
- Weather – Dandruff worsens during the dry, cold weather months. The humidity in the air during the winter months contributes to the buildup of skin that turns into dandruff.
- Medical conditions – Individuals who suffer from medical conditions such as weak immune systems, diabetes or who have neurological illnesses like Parkinson’s disease are more prone to having issues with dandruff.
- Diet – Your body requires a certain amount of nutrients to function and survive. Foods that contain zinc, vitamins B and D and some types of fats are a few of the nutrients that help the body to thrive. Having a vitamin deficiency can cause skin conditions that may lead to dandruff.
Effects of Dandruff
Dandruff can stop the scalp from breathing properly, and it weakens the roots. In addition, it can cause hair falling and breakage, graying, acne, pimples, headaches, weakness of eyesight and hair loss. It’s also embarrassing to have people notice the flakes in your hair and on your clothes.
Consult with one of Ruby Salon‘s experienced hair care professions. We can help you find a solution and provide you with the right products to get rid of your dandruff and increase the health of your hair and scalp.
Posted in: annapolis hair salon, dandruff, ruby salon annapolis
Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018
How much thought do you put into choosing a brush for your hair? If you are very particular about your hair you put quite a bit of thought into it. If it’s not that big of a deal to you, you get whatever is on sale at the local beauty supply store or Walmart. The average person won’t spend more than a few dollars on a brush for their hair.
Did you know that by choosing the right hair brush and using it correctly can make all the difference in how your hair looks? There is an endless number of hair brushes on the market but which brush is suited for you?
Your hair could be damaged or you could be losing hair because of the brush you’re using. This might be the reason you need to put a little more thought into how you treat your hair. Just think about it – you brush your hair every day. You want it to look healthy and luxurious, but it’s breaking off because you brought the brush that was at the dollar store. No offense dollar store shoppers. We all like a good bargain!
Just in case you decide to put a little bit more thought into finding the right brush for your hair, here is a guide to help you along the way.
Best Hair Brushes
- Detangling Hairbrush – can be used on all types of hair and is best for detangling wet and dry, fine hair. This brush is delicate to the hair and prevents breakage. It’s made to release tangles and knots. The bristles are firm and help add volume to the hair.
- Teasing Hairbrush – also can be used on all types of hair and is best for adding volume. Your stylist uses this type of brush to lift the roots to create fullness. The brush is great for adding texture to ponytails or to create a firm base when using clip-on hair extensions.
- Round Hairbrush – is used on medium to thick hair. This brush is used for a blowout. It kind of works as a curling wand while taming the frizz. Gives the hair lots of body and bounce.
- Boar Bristle Brush – used on fine, curly hair. Some call it the hairbrush of the stars. It’s used to produce high-shine waves. It doesn’t snag or pull at the roots. The best use of this brush is after getting a style that required heat.
- Looper Brush – used for hair extensions. It’s called the looper brush because the bristles are loops that won’t get tangled in your hair like the bristles on other brushes.
There are a wide variety of brushes available that are better suited for your hair. Make an appointment to consult with a stylist at Ruby Salon to discuss which brush is best for your type of hair.
Posted in: annapolis hair salon, hair brush, ruby salon annapolis, Uncategorized
Friday, August 31st, 2018
Are you looking for a way to transforms your hair?
Well, have you considered hair extensions? Hair extensions can be a great way to transform your hair and give it that much-needed boost! In this post, we will highlight a few reasons you may want to consider hair extensions.
5 Reasons You May Want to Try Hair Extensions
- Adding Length– If you have difficulties growing your hair past a certain length, hair extensions can be added to your hair to give it fullness and length. Growing your hair out can be a frustrating, strenuous process, but hair extensions can cut the process time in half. You can achieve longer hair in just one visit to Ruby Salon.
- Change Your Hair Color– Hair extensions are a great way to play with different hair colors. If you afraid of hair damage or you are not sure if you want to dye your hair, hair extensions are a great way to try different hair colors.
- Adding Volume– If you have thin hair or you are experiencing hair loss, hair extensions can be a great way to add volume to your hair. Hair extensions can be designed to blend seamlessly with your natural hair and give you the look you’ve always desired.
- Trying A New Style– Hair extensions can make your favorite style pop. Whether you add hair extensions for volume, length, or color, you can completely transform some of your favorite hairstyles.
- For Special Occasions– Hair extensions are a fantastic way to achieve beautiful hair for special occasions. Whether it’s your wedding day or prom, hair extensions can improve your overall look.
Hair Extension in Annapolis, MD
Hair extensions are not just for celebrities! Ruby Salon uses premium, 100% human hair that can be blown dry, curled and flat iron styled. Whether you want to add length or volume, we can color match your extensions to achieve any look.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, call 410.263.7829 or request an appointment online.
Posted in: Hair Extensions
Friday, July 27th, 2018
Choosing the right hair color techniques can completely transform drab, dull hair. At Ruby Salon, we offer a full range of color services to help you achieve beautiful hair. To schedule an appointment, call 410.263.7829 or request an appointment online.
What Is Ombre?
Ombre is a color technique that creates a two-toned color that usually results in darker hair at the top and a subtle lighter color at the end of the hair. In theory, clients can achieve an ombre effect with just about any hair color. If it is your desire, you can create ombre hair in tones of blonde, red, brown, purple, pink, and even blue. Ombre hair can be personalized to fit short, medium, or long length hair. Your colorist will work with your to determine the best option for your hair length and type. Ombre hair does not require as much touch up as other coloring services so clients can enjoy their ombre look for some time to come.
Are you interested in ombre? Ruby Salon can help you make a bold statement with a custom designed ombre color. We have a team of master colorists in our Annapolis, MD hair salon who are dedicated to helping you achieve your dream hair.
What Is Balayage?
Balayage is typically performed freehand to provide a natural looking color application. Balayage is usually applied away from the root of the hair to create a gradual increase of color as you make your way to the tips of the hair. Balayage is usually applied to the surface of the hair, leaving the underside of the hair a darker, subtle tone. Balayage is usually performed on medium to long lengthed hair. Similar to ombre, balayage does not require frequent trips to the salon. Bayalage is a great option for clients who want a beautiful, low maintenance color.
Are you considering balayage? Visit Ruby Salon for your hair color needs. Our team can work with you to help you choose a color scheme that compliments your style. To learn more, visit our Annapolis hair salon.
Posted in: Hair Color
Wednesday, June 27th, 2018
Who doesn’t love a new look?
We get it all the time -“I want a new look, but I don’t know where to start.”
At Ruby Salon, we offer a full range of haircut, style, and color services. It’s okay if you don’t know what kind of look you want. Our team at Ruby Salon is comprised of talented stylists who are committed to giving you the best client experience as well as beautiful hair.
If you are unsure which style or color best suits your features, you may want to visit Ruby Salon for a consultation. We understand that beautiful, healthy hair takes effort and finesse. We can work with you to decide what cut, style, and color best highlight your unique features. Visit Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD.
One of our experienced stylists can work with you one on one to explore what type of style, color, or cut can transform your hair.
Services we offer at Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD:
- Shape & Style: We believe a haircut should compliment your aesthetic and become the focal point of your personal style.
- Hair Straightening Treatments: We offer Keratin Express and Brazillian Blowout treatment to give you smooth, silky straight hair.
- Hair Extensions: Ruby Salon uses premium, 100% human hair that can be blown dry, curled and flat iron styled.
- Textures & Waves: We can find the right volume and curl pattern to match your frame. Whether you want bg curl or a tighter wave, Ruby Salon has a solution for you.
- Hair Color & Dimension: We offer single-process color, highlights, multi-dimensional color, shading and corrective color as well as Goldwell® gray coverage.
We welcome you to visit Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD for all your hair needs. If you would like to schedule an appointment or consultation, call 410.263.7829 or schedule an appointent request online.
Posted in: annapolis hair salon
Friday, May 4th, 2018
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, so it’s time to find the perfect gift for the lovely lady in your life. What better gift is there than the gift of beautiful hair. At Ruby Salon, we are currently offering a Mother’s Day Special: Buy a $100 gift card and receive $10 from us, FREE!
Ruby Salon is a full-service hair salon in Annapolis, MD. We are a team of experienced colorists and stylist who work with each of our clients to make sure they look and feel their best. Creating beautiful hair takes great skill, which is why we garner the reputation as one of the best salons in Annapolis, MD. We always promise to provide the best service and quality!
Whether you are looking for a subtle change or a dramatic makeover, our skilled colorist and stylist can work with you to find the right cut, color, and style to transform your look. If you have any questions, schedule a consultation at our Annapolis hair salon.
Full-Service Hair Salon
At Ruby Salon, we offer a full range of services for cuts, style, and color. We use high-quality products to give our clients beautiful, healthy-looking results.
Ruby Salon offers a full range of services including:
Whatever your hair goals are, Ruby Salon can work with you to help you achieve them. To learn more about our services, visit Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD. To schedule an appointment, call 410.263.7829 or schedule an appointment online. We look forward to helping you achieve the hair you’ve always dreamed of!
Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD
3 Monticello Avenue, Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Tuesday 10 – 8
Wednesday 10 – 8
Thursday 10 – 8
Friday 10 – 5
Saturday 9 – 2 YEARLY
Closed Sunday & Monday
Posted in: annapolis hair salon
Wednesday, April 11th, 2018
Warmer weather means it’s time to brighten your winter hair! Are you considering going lighter for the upcoming warmer months? Well, Ruby Salon in Annapolis, MD is full of experienced colorists who can work with you to find the ideal summer hair color that frames your face and makes your features pop!
Whether you are considering a sun-kissed look or a natural balay, we can help you achieve your hair goals in just one visit to our Annapolis hair salon. Hair color is a great way to change your overall appearance. If you want a fun, fresh look or something sophisticated or sassy, one of our master stylists can work with you to transform your look. Our stylists can transform your hair using single-process color, multi-dimensional color, shading, highlights, and corrective color as well as Goldwell® gray coverage.
We encourage new and returning clients to schedule an appointment at Ruby Salon for their color needs! We love working with each of our clients to help them achieve their ideal look. As experienced stylists, we take the proper steps to reduce damage and enhance the quality and aesthetic of your hair. We are committed to beautiful, healthy hair at Ruby Salon! If you would like to schedule a consultation for your new summer look, contact Ruby Salon or give us a call at 410.263.7829
Posted in: annapolis hair salon, Hair Color