How much thought do you put into choosing a brush for your hair? If you are very particular about your hair you put quite a bit of thought into it. If it’s not that big of a deal to you, you get whatever is on sale at the local beauty supply store or Walmart. The average person won’t spend more than a few dollars on a brush for their hair.
Did you know that by choosing the right hair brush and using it correctly can make all the difference in how your hair looks? There is an endless number of hair brushes on the market but which brush is suited for you?
Your hair could be damaged or you could be losing hair because of the brush you’re using. This might be the reason you need to put a little more thought into how you treat your hair. Just think about it – you brush your hair every day. You want it to look healthy and luxurious, but it’s breaking off because you brought the brush that was at the dollar store. No offense dollar store shoppers. We all like a good bargain!
Just in case you decide to put a little bit more thought into finding the right brush for your hair, here is a guide to help you along the way.
Best Hair Brushes
- Detangling Hairbrush – can be used on all types of hair and is best for detangling wet and dry, fine hair. This brush is delicate to the hair and prevents breakage. It’s made to release tangles and knots. The bristles are firm and help add volume to the hair.
- Teasing Hairbrush – also can be used on all types of hair and is best for adding volume. Your stylist uses this type of brush to lift the roots to create fullness. The brush is great for adding texture to ponytails or to create a firm base when using clip-on hair extensions.
- Round Hairbrush – is used on medium to thick hair. This brush is used for a blowout. It kind of works as a curling wand while taming the frizz. Gives the hair lots of body and bounce.
- Boar Bristle Brush – used on fine, curly hair. Some call it the hairbrush of the stars. It’s used to produce high-shine waves. It doesn’t snag or pull at the roots. The best use of this brush is after getting a style that required heat.
- Looper Brush – used for hair extensions. It’s called the looper brush because the bristles are loops that won’t get tangled in your hair like the bristles on other brushes.
There are a wide variety of brushes available that are better suited for your hair. Make an appointment to consult with a stylist at Ruby Salon to discuss which brush is best for your type of hair.
Posted in: annapolis hair salon, hair brush, ruby salon annapolis, Uncategorized